Request Form for Facility Usage on Saturdays
Welcome to Fusion Community Church (hereafter referred to as “FCC”). We believe that our facility, located in Cobleskill, is a tool provided to us by God for use in reaching “One More For Christ at Any Cost!” As long as a Facility Use Request does not conflict with our scheduled worship experiences or other planned church activities, and it is not contrary to our vision or core values, this facility may be available for many different uses throughout our community of faith and our community at large, at the discretion and approval of the leadership of our church.
Please make requests for the use of rooms by completing our Facility Use Request form, located at the end of this packet. Return the form to the church office at least 2 weeks prior to the desired date of any event. (understand that more time will be required if the event is of a larger scale, or requires more than one room in the facility)
The policies and fee schedule contained in this packet are designed for one time usage or events. If you are inquiring about an ongoing or multi-use desire, then those policies and fees can be adjusted accordingly at the discretion of the leadership of the church.
Expectations & Policies:
1. The individual/organization agrees to pay for the use of our facility according to the rates set forth in this form before securing the date.
2. The facility may not be used for political or special interest events, unless specifically sponsored by FCC.
3. Outside organizations may be asked to submit a Mission/Vision/Values statement for review and approval prior to being given permission to use our facilities.
4. The use of the facility is at all times at the discretion and approval of the leadership of the church. (if any fees or staffing requirements are waived, that is also at the discretion of the leadership)
5. The philosophy and purposes of the events and/or outside organization must not conflict with the moral, ethical, or social values of Fusion Community Church. The facilities cannot be used for any activities related to practices contrary to Church religious beliefs or The Discipline of the Wesleyan Church.
a. i.e. “We believe that gambling violates the principle of Christian stewardship, … can be emotionally addictive, …and is a poor example to others” as noted on page 44 of the 2012 Discipline of The Wesleyan Church; “God’s plan for human sexuality is that it is to be expressed only in a monogamous lifelong relationship between one man and one woman within the framework of marriage” as noted on page 16.
b. Contact the church office as needed for additional information if you have questions pertaining to your event and the guidelines of our faith and practice, The Wesleyan Discipline.
Food & Beverages
There are certain restrictions regarding the use of food and beverages in the facility.
o Food and drinks are allowed in all rooms of the facility except the Worship Center.
o Under no condition can you use any paper or plastic products, food, or drinks belonging to the church (cups, lids, plates, napkins, silverware, coffee, creamers, sugar, etc)
o There is never to be any alcoholic beverages permitted anywhere on this property. Doing so is cause for immediate eviction from the premises and immediate cancellation of any contract.
o It is expected that proper care will be taken to avoiding spills and that if/when spills occur, you will take responsibility to clean it up as soon as possible, and before you vacate the facility.
Location of Space Being Used
- Use of the facility is to be confined to the assigned room or designated area that the request was made for and approval has been given to use.
- Children must be supervised at all times and must be contained to the space requested and approval given. Running, throwing balls, or other physical activity of any kind is only permitted in the multi-purpose GREEN room with the concrete floor.
Set Up & Decorating
- Absolutely no decorations may be affixed to the ceiling or walls of any room.
- As a “temporary renter” of our facility, no one is permitted to move, take down, remove, hide, or otherwise interfere with any decorations or current set up in any of the rooms in our facility. If you prefer that something currently present in the facility be removed or hidden, that must be requested and approved as a part of the facility use request and a Fusion staff person will take care of that request prior to your use of the facility.
- It is our expectation that you will leave the room in the same condition and with the same set up that you found it in when you arrived.
Cleaning & Oversight
- A custodial person will be required to properly clean the areas of the facility that were used. Normal cleaning will take place by this staff person, but it is expected that spills or any excessive messes will be cleaned up by the renter.
Damage or Loss
- It is the responsibility of the renter to cover the cost of repair or replacement for any damage incurred to the buildings or furnishings. Fusion Community Church will not be responsible for any liability associated with damage or personal injury to persons or property arising out of the use of the facility.
General Building Use
Building Daily Use: Honorarium for all uses
- On Saturday's the Building is available in three hour blocks. Those blocks are from 10am-1pm and 2pm-5pm.
- You may setup for your party 30min prior to you block of time.
-You and your guests will need to end promptly so that staff can prepare the room for the next party.
Fusion Community Church does not own a bounce house but works closely with Schoharie Bounce House. To reserve and pay for a bounce house from Schoharie Bounce House please call 518-221-3269.
(Please Note: If you are not using Schoharie Bounce House please be sure that your bounce house company knows they they will not be able to access the building until your 30 minute setup time and they will need to remove the bounce house prior to your 3 hour slot ending)
Parties of Less than 50 Guests: $100 per 3 Hour Block
Parties over 50 Guests: $125 per 3 Hour Block
Staff will set up tables and chairs for your party as well as be present during your party in the event that you need them.
The Staff member is responsible for ensuring that the church is clean before the event and that it is returned to its proper order following the events, including returning the chairs back to their original placement. This does not include removal of any decorations placed by the renting party. Those are the responsibility of the party using the facility.
Special Note to Remember:
There is to be no alcohol on any of the property of Fusion Community Church and there is to be no smoking within the building ever. Doing so is cause for immediate eviction from the premises and immediate cancellation of any contract.
By checking the box at the end Request Form, you agree to the aforementioned terms and conditions for using this facility. You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless Fusion Community Church and all of its entities from any loss, liability, damage or costs, including court costs and attorney fees, that they may incur, due to your use of the facilities. The foregoing indemnity shall not be affected by any contributory negligence of the Owner.
Filling out this form does not secure the date you have requested. We will contact you to confirm the date on which time your $100 payment will be due. Only after your payment is given will the date be secured.